Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Challenges and Plans to Address My Challenges



This week we had to discuss some of the challenges we thought we might be facing. 

Specific Challenges- After viewing Dr. Jenkins’ and Dr. Arterbury’s weekly video, it solidified what I think will be my biggest challenge, management of time. I think I will struggle with fitting in observing other classes while fulfilling my daily demands. With testing, both TELPAS and the STAAR quickly approaching, I worry about being able to find someone to cover my class while I observe a Guided Reading lesson.  I want to make sure I am in the other classes long enough to gather sufficient data. I need to observe Guided Reading lessons with and without Running Records, take anecdotal notes, and interview the teachers after the lesson.  Because I also have a classroom full of students’ whose learning I am responsible for, I need to make sure the lesson is thoroughly taught before I leave my students in the care of another adult, hopefully another teacher.  
Plan to Address Challenges- Dr. Jenkins also advised to view my challenges as an opportunity to learn and use common sense. My site supervisor was concerned about finding someone to cover my class as well. I suggested asking one of our Instructional Coaches to cover my class. If she is not available due to testing, I will ask one of the aides. If an aide is not available, I will ask one of my parents that have been cleared with our district background check. Finally, is all else fails, I could take a day and observe classes all day. If I need to continue my data collection next  year to help with time issues, I will do so. Most importantly, I will be flexible with my schedule and unforeseen problems.

1 comment:

  1. I think time is definitely a concern, but you seem to have well thought out plans and alternative plans to assist you in the process.

    ReplyDelete